9 Jun 2014

SPITFIRE SUNGLASSES : LENNON FLIP-UPS

If you want that 70's boho look with a pinch of 80's metallic masculinity then these 'sunnies' are the perfect pair for you. For some reason I have an ardent fascination for rounded spectacles, they just seem to look a little less harsh, and don't overpower your face.



These sunglasses are produced by the London-based sunglasses company SPITFIRE, that has accumulated a cult following of hip and trendy fashion-loving individuals. 



Not only do they vividly remind you of the infamous rounded spectacles of John Lennon, but the extra top bar parallel to the bridge gives it a sort of 80's space age feel. You know? Something you'd expect to see in a futuristic 80's movie where the protagonist drives a hover-bike and wears glittery leather and studded boots!! Totally something you could see in the urban streets of London today, huh? (Minus the hover-bike).
The frame is made out of metal whilst the lens is made completely from plastic. These 'sunnies' come with a complimentary hard branded-case, to protect it from all the potential scrapes and scratches that can arise from a trip in your bag.

I actually got taunted on my way back from work from wearing these in the subway, lol, yes I totally wore these whilst commuting back home in the dark, and didn't feel an ounce of shame about it.

Why? I was totally hiding my zombie-like eye-bags from a few insomnia-tic nights, and my eyes are very sensitive to the gusts of wind that tend to whip me in the face at London's underground stations. Not to mention they look super cool, who wouldn't mind wearing these at night?

Now, even though there are two layers of lens to protect your eyes, the lens can only protect you against a UV light of 400, meaning you shouldn't attempt to glare straight at the sun with these bad boys on. Trust me, I tried. Totally gave my retinas a little damage.

These sunglasses retail at around £15.00 to £18.00, I got mine from one of my favourite online sites ASOS and with a bunch of discount codes, not to mention the coveted Student Discount Code provided by UNiDAYS, which means I bagged quite the bargain!

I really love SPITFIRE's selection of glasses, each pair just seems to increase a persons level of individuality, no one person can wear a pair the same way. Check out their Facebook page for more snazzy sunnies!!





No comments:

Post a Comment