27 Jan 2014

OOTD - CHARCOAL LEATHER

As the winter days become even cooler, one needs to make sure they are bundled in a bunch of insulating clothes. But this doesn't mean that we need to look like an elastic band ball. Here's one of my favourite outfits for a cool winter's day.


First I make sure I'm cosy and warm by wearing this Fisherman's Pullover from American Apparel in a cool 'vintage grey' colour. Made out of a soft cotton-knit weave, it can be worn all year. The loose knit allows the skin to breathe, and the soft cotton retains heat. The sweater retails at £66 and $78. And comes in a varied assortment of colours.





From Left to Right the models wear the Fisherman's Pullover in the colours; 'Lilac Mix', 'Wheat' & 'Vintage Green'. The sweater is available in 25 colours in total.




I'm wearing the XL size because I prefer a loose fit when wearing sweaters. The official website also advises to order a size bigger for a looser fit, this coincides with my personal preferences and experience when I bought the sweater. I went to the physical store and tried on a few sizes and found that the XL size was the most comfortable, but obviously this depends on your body type.


An insulating jacket or coat is essential for a winter's day, especially for winters in the UK, so I opted for this Imitation Leather Jacket from Pull and Bear, in a washed dark grey colour. The three outer pockets and two secret inner pockets allow for storage of everyday items such as my oyster card, keys, phone, wallet etc. The jacket is lighweight. When unzipped the lapels slouch for a relaxed biker look.


I added this tube scarf, better known as an infinity scarf, from Selected Homme. This style of scarf is perfect as it wraps all around your neck for extra warmth whilst also covering the important throat and chest areas. Functional and fashionable. I'm wearing the scarf in a light grey colour similar to that of my fisherman's pullover to tie the outfit together.



The scarf is made using a waffle structured knit and has ribbed edges. Even though it's 100% acrylic it is very soft to the touch. It is available in (Left to Right) 'Honey Mustard', 'Decadent Chocolate' and 'Peacoat'. The scarf retails at €29.95 and £24.83 on the Official Selected website. My scarf however was purchased in-store at Topman at Oxford Street.



Coinciding with the dark colours of my previous clothing items, I decided to wear these Imitation Leather Skinny Jeans from Topman, in the colour black. Even though the jeans are not very insulating, there is one of many perks to this pair of jeans that I'd like to highlight. The jeans are rainproof. Yes, you'll no longer have to worry about wet trousers when sitting on the train or tube. Rain drops simply bounce of the material, which is why they are perfect for rainy UK winter days.


For my shoes/sneakers I chose these Converse All Star sneakers in the Black Classic Hi-Top model. These sneakers are a must-have for any season. Not only are they fashionable and trendy but they are also super comfortable and long lasting. You can also get away with getting them a little gritty because they look even better when they're a little bit worn-out and scathed. These converses retail at £48 from Schuh.



To finish off my outfit I swung on my Sandqvist Helmer Leather Backpack which my last post focused upon. The bag is also rain-proof so is the best choice for a UK winters day. All the clothing items are pretty lightweight so you won't have to worry about feeling heavy and groggy on a cool winters morning. 

I hope you all keep bundled and warm this winter!!