9 Feb 2014

OOTD - LAYER IT UP

The common denominator of all my blog posts this month? THE COLD WEATHER!!! You'd think I'd be used to the British weather, but whenever I find a chance to moan or complain about it, lol, I grab that chance by the marbles!!

I threw this outfit together before going out to run some errands. This blog post however will have a tiny twist. I'm going to reveal each item of clothing, using the strip method. How saucy!! (not really)



So we're going to start this strip session with the first all encompassing holy grail item, the piece de resistance, my SUPERDRY EVEREST COAT. Oh how groggy I would be without this lightweight, insulating and purty coat. The pockets are perfect for shoving shopping receipts and 'all the small things' (unintentional Blink 182 reference)  that you encounter when running around like a busy headless chicken. For a little more info on this camo coat read my OOTD - EVEREST blog post.


Oops, there goes my jacket all off of my arms, oh my (intentional tweet pun). So the next layer of clothing is this super casual and comfy, forest green hooded zip-up sweater. If you ever want to add that casual touch to your winter outfit, a hooded sweater is the way to go. It also adds a much needed layer of warmth and comfort to help you combat the uncomfortably cold British winter days. This item retails at £14.99 at the affordably fashionable H&M.




Underneath the forest zip-up, funnily enough, I wore this thick comfy sweater. But oh no, this isn't just your ordinary run-of-the-mill sweater. It's a black ribbed sweater with distressed knitting, and a wide neckline which gives a hobo-esque feel to your outfit. A mere casual twist which takes this sweater from 'preppy school kid' to 'grungy teen rebel'. As with all my sweaters I'm wearing this in the size XL. This sweater retails at £32.00 @ TOPMAN.



Underneath my sweater, I kept it real casual and comfortable with this cotton t-shirt from URBAN OUTFITTERS. This Ramones t-shirt pays homage to the 80's punk rock band. I got it on sale for about £8.00. 



(Trying to be Michael Jackson & failing miserably ft. my undies & Henry the perverted hoover) For my bottoms, I kept it pretty simple with these (wait for it) ..... BLACK QUILTED KNEE SPRAY ON SKINNY BIKER JEANS from TOPMAN. These jeans as the name suggests have a quilted knee detailing, which makes it perfect to wear with over-sized sweaters. I decided to throw on my 'all black everything' hi-top converse for a laid-back minimalist look, not to mention they're highly practical. The jeans retail at £40.00. And the hi-tops retail at £48.00.

I think we'll end the strip session here, otherwise it will get a little NSFW...

And this folks is what I wear on a busy cold British day, yay!!