17 Apr 2014

VIDEO VERDICT - EXO - OVERDOSE 중독 (TEASER)

OMG! So EXO are coming out with their second mini album 'OVERDOSE', which will be released on April 21st.



Their new logo concept for this album is still in the shape of a hexagon, like their previous logos, the hexagon representing the six members in both Exo-K and Exo-M. But the new logo is in the form of a maze, this maze is also featured in their new music video for 'OVERDOSE'.




By listening to previews, this album seems like it's going to have more of a 90's hip-hop and R&B feel to it, as this seems to be their new concept. Although they had R&B highlights in their previous album, for example 'Growl', 'XOXO', 'Baby Don't Cry' etc, their title track 'OVERDOSE', seems to be a powerful and punchy hip hop track with a sprinkle of electro.

Without understanding the Korean language, one can already grasp what the concept of the song is. I concluded, with the help of the English phrases 'too much'& 'your love', that the guys were referring to their lover/girlfriend whose love is so powerful that the guys feel as though they've experienced an overdose.

Okay, so I've awkwardly ran out of things to write about, either that or my brain is simply experiencing one of it's occasional creative lulls. And hence I will throw in two pics of the guys, rocking their new looks for the album.








Let's just take a moment, to focus on Suho's hair....It's blonde. Honestly I don't really know how to feel about this... I'm getting some major Backstreet Boys vibes from the video, I don't know if it's the borderline thuggish outfits in the (room) dance sequence or if it's just the middle parting hairstyle, that looks like it should remain in the 90's, but always seems to make a comeback in many K-Pop groups.
Either way, I don't know if I should be thankful for all the nostalgia I'm feeling for being reminded of the awesome (American) groups of the 90's who made my childhood all that more magical. Or if I'm annoyed at the..........oh what the hay!! Who am I kidding? Anything that reminds me of the 90's, even in the most skin-crawlingly cheesy way will still make me happy lol. What can I say? Music in the 90's can never be beaten by any other decade in my opinion. Thank you K-Pop, for ensuring you maintain the integral and awesome elements that are needed in creating cool Pop groups, because that whole thing has totally died out in the Western music scene.

Another thing, SM really know what they're doing when they have 5+ Member groups, it's like you're obligated to find a member that's your favourite, one of the most important parts of liking pop groups, in my opinion. If Tao annoys you, you can just pick Lay. If he isn't your cup of tea, or can of soda, then you can just pick D.O. Totally objectifying them, but what the hay? It's all part of the pop group-fan relationship so go for it!!

That's enough rambling on my part, next thing I know I'll be doing a research paper on Pop groups, Popularity and Fandom Fetish?!?!?

I'm eagerly anticipating this new album, as are the many other hormone driven Exotics (members of the official un-official EXO fanclub) out there. 

Aaaah, and their new TOUR!! Too bad it's not in the fricken UK, come on SM send your troops to the UK!!!

EXO, FIGHTING!!!

Oh, let me insert the teaser video.........here.


Expect a post on their music video and album!!! lol